My breasts started developing when I was 7. I neither needed, nor wanted the added attention they brought me… from the boy down the street who called me “donut chest” (still don’t understand that one), to the old man who ran the shop downtown who molested me, and told me that I would never have to worry about drowning because I have built in flotation devices. I have put off surgery for years, but I feel like the time is right, so, in September (not losing swimming time for this) I will sit with a surgeon, and discuss the procedure.
I have a multitude of reasons for this surgery.
1. I am sick of carrying 20 lbs (Yes, I have weighed them.) In my bra.
2. I hate the indents in my shoulders.
3. I don’t remember a time without back and shoulder pain.
4. I would love to actually fit into a bra. (Sizes that are well made go to N, I need an R, and that doesn’t even exist)
5. The ability to find cute tops that fit would be great.
6. I have tried physical therapy, losing weight, etc. Nothing has helped.
7. If I let myself fall backwards into bed, I smack myself in the face with a boob.
8. It will help me feel better physically.
9. I may be able to find a swimsuit that actually fits.
10. I want this.
I feel like there isn’t any good reason not to go ahead with this, it will grant relief on my back, neck and shoulders, and finding bras will be easier. That said, I can’t help being nervous. As much as I hate my chest, it is a part of me, and I wonder whether I would look silly when there is less of it. Not that I am some great enchantress now, lol but I wonder if I will look… idk, lopsided or something. I suppose we will see.